Faith In The OC

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Modern Technology and Worlds Apart

On my drive in to work this morning I was thinking about the amount of miles it travel everyday to get to work. Then I got to thinking that back in the days where there were no cars or busses or trains or airplanes this trip would have more than likely taken all day long. At least many hours. That got me thinking about the move from Portland down here to So Cal. If we had made a move like this back then we may never see our friends and family again. All communication would be reduced to a very slow mail service.

So it's interesting that we have all of this technology that puts us right at the fingertips of all of our friends and family but we're still so far apart. I guess as I was thinking about it I felt the challenge to make more effort to be closer to the people that I love and that love me. Not only that but to be closer to the people that I am with all day and the people that live right in my neighborhood. We have the means to be at a friends house in moments in comparison to what it would take without the technology of today. Even the small things like a phone call can make a difference in someone's day or even an email that is so much more instant than sending mail through some crazy guy that has to hike for days to get your mail to where it's going.

It is sad to me that with so much advancements in communications and travel technology we are all still worlds apart............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home