Faith In The OC

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

So where to start.............The job position that we thought was going to come through has not which is actually a good thing. I think it would have been a lot more stress than we need. We are still working with 2 churches. Pathway Ladera and South County United. SCU is going thru a lot of changes which I think is a good thing but definitely a hard thing as well. The pastor Troy has stepped down (I think I've said this before) and the question of what next is ever present. The question for us is where do we fit into it all. We've kind of been on the outside looking in a bit but I think that is starting to change. We've joined a small group that meets during the week which is great! Check out Mike's Blog - very cool guy! Mike leads the group. He's got some great insights and is a great thinker......love it!! It’s hard to know exactly what they need from us though. Is it really what we have to offer or is it just what we have to offer when there really isn’t someone else to do it? I’m not real sure where people are at with it all. But I guess that is all part of the change right now. I don’t think anyone is sure of anything. It is good to see though that people are still very interested in exploring new ideas and looking at it with open minds.

Things at Pathways are good. A little frustrating at times. Leading worship is hard there but I think it is getting better. This last Sunday was great, except me breaking a string. But even that had a place. It was a good broken kind of thing and only then can God really use us. Anyway, I think it will just take time for people to get used to us. I think we are vastly different from what they are used to and that is ok.

So with all of that plus my already very full time job things are just a bit crazy. I'm not 100% sure but I think there might be some end in sight. Something is going to have to give. We are praying about full time ministry again and how that might look for us. Please pray with us as we explore what opportunities might make that possible.

With that I sign off…….More for later

Oh yeah – if you have not noticed:
There is a new blog to check out: http://poorreflection.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home