Faith In The OC

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Hey everyone who may still be reading! I hope you all had a great Easter. I had a lot of revelations during this last weekend. We helped with worship at a church on Friday night. The pastor was speaking about death and more importantly the death that has to happen in us so that Jesus can be alive in us. An interesting thought. It got me asking the question: "what must I die to in order for God to live in me?" Galatians 2:20 says: "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." What does it mean to be crucified with Christ? I'm not sure that I have an exact answer on this but what I am finding is that I must examine my life and once again take a look at all of the things that I am holding onto. What is it that I just don't want to give up to God. That's what has to be crucified. Not an easy or quick process. At least not for me. It's so easy to take stuff and hold on tight but it really is about faith isn't it!? ".....the life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God....." this the crux of the whole thing. If it is by faith in God that we live then we must trust that God has a plan bigger than what we could dream for ourselves. Faith is probably one of the hardest things in my relationship with God. I've talked to so many people who agree that it is the same in their lives so I must assume that it is that way for the majority of us. It is hard to let go of the things that we think we can control. It seems easier to take them into our own hands and deal with them in the manner that we feel is best. So how do we give it up and crucify those things?? I don't know that I have an answer. I can tell you what I am doing though. I am asking that God do the searching and point out the things that I am holding onto. Once really convicted it seems harder to hold on to them than it is to let go of them so the choice becomes obvious. I can say that my experience with walking in faith and dying to myself has been rewarding. Look at what God has done in our life! I would not have been able to accomplish any of what has happened in the last several months on my own. It hasn't been my plan at all. God knew what he wanted to do with us and when we let Him, He really went to work. So for me this Easter: It is about me dying and Christ living!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home